Genealogy Research Resources
- Nearly 2,900 books, of which 30% are family genealogies.
- Obituary files with clippings from local newspapers.
- Surname files which include previous research correspondence, articles, and other documents and records.
- Cemetery records for virtually every cemetery in Harrisonburg and Rockingham.
- Church records.
- And much more: birth certificates, undertaker records, property tax records, newspaper archives, etc.
Many of these sources have been entered into the HRHS library database. Currently, the database contains about 500,000 records, but volunteers work every week to collect additional data.
A condensed database is available online which you can access by clicking here.